Senior Middleware Engineer
Posted on Dec 27, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Sr. Middleware Engineer
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Develop, Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines following the best practices.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate monitoring, alerting, and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Provide on-call support for production applications and mentor junior members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
- 8+ years experience supporting Middleware and packaged applications.
- 4+ years of administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git, UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible, puppet or Dynatrace a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as loadbalancing and routing, DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: (see below)