Posted on Dec 26, 2019 by Millennium Recruitment Ltd
Responsible to the Senior inspector (Quality Manager)
- Provide an Inspection service to the company
- Ensure that as far as is reasonably practical that all goods produced by the company meet the required level of quality
- Achieve required levels of output
- Ensure safe working practices
- Receive instructions as appropriate to ensure that schedules are achieved.
- To undertake component "in-process" and "final" inspection using a full range of measuring equipment and machines.
- Produce inspection result reports for customer and internal use
- Operate the company non-conformance system, recommending corrective and preventative actions as appropriate
- To hand finish components in line with procedure WS004 as necessary.
- To mark components as detailed either on routings or drawings in line with company practice using various methods suitable for the application
- To carry out none destructive testing (Hardness, LPI and MPI, UT) on components and raw material. Produce relevant results certification and report on defective components.
- To assist with packing and preparing for shipping
- Assist with maintaining the measuring instrument calibration system
- Assist in developing inspection techniques for components and situations that are not straightforward.
- Produce calculations for various aspects of components (ie Thread wire readings etc.)
- Produce sketches/drawings of customer samples as required
- Communicate quality improvement requirements to management in cases where the NCR system has not been invoked
- Observe all company rules and systems with regard to the company's Health and Safety policies and rules, be aware of existing and potential hazards, report damaged or faulty plant and equipment to management immediately and when working in the vicinity of a hazard or potentially hazardous situation, wear/use personal protective equipment/clothing which is available.
- Work to the company quality system and procedures, completing documentation
- Work to all other company systems and rules including time recording, holiday requests
- Ensure that all equipment, tool and measuring instruments are correctly used, stored and maintained.
- Report problems with drawings, materials, tooling, machines and equipment to management
- always Maintain a high standard of housekeeping
- Undertake any training that may be deemed necessary to enhance your role
- Maintain high standards of quality in the product but at the same time observing the demands of time constraints imposed by cost and delivery implications.
- Work to manufacturing schedules as required in order to ensure on time deliveries and targets
- Assist with training apprentices and other trainees
- To undertake any other duties which management considers may fall within the remit of the role
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £32k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£12 - £13 Hourly
£19.5k - £23.4k Annual
£8.21 - £9 Hourly
£35k - £40k Annual
£11 - £11 Hourly
£18.5 - £18.5 Hourly
£30k - £40k Annual