Graduate Researcher - Food and Drink
Posted on Dec 21, 2019 by University of Exeter (Graduate Business Partnership)
Application Closing Date: 30/01/2020
Expected commencement date: 17/2/2020
Interview date: 07/2/2020
A Graduate Researcher is required by HRA Global, a leading European food and drinks consultancy, in Torquay. Research experience is not essential, but an interest in the industry, report writing and interpreting data is highly desirable. This GBP is a permanent role with a 3 months probation period.
A Graduate Researcher is required by HRA, one of Europe's leading Food and Drink consultancies. The primary purpose of this role will be to support the delivery of market research and consulting projects.
An innovative, international and dynamic food and drink consultancy are on the lookout for an ambitious graduate to join their team as a Graduate Researcher, working on a variety of interesting research projects for our clients. This established and well-regarded company boasts a relaxed, informal and lively atmosphere in a sought after, coastal Devon location 100 meters from the beach.
A large portion of this role will be in the Market Research side of the business and there will be opportunity to get heavily involved with both quantitative and qualitative research, right through from planning the methodology, helping deliver the fieldwork to the write up and conclusions and ultimately debriefing the client. The remainder of the role will be in the consulting area of the business where work will include a broad range of desk research to inform clients and make carefully considered recommendations. There will also be a small amount of business administration as and when required.
This role is perfect for a motivated graduate wanting to gain a rounded experience of working in market research within the food and drink market.
A more detailed summary of the role is shown below with a rough indication of how much of your time will be dedicated to each activity area.
Market Research 60%
- Recruitment - In house recruitment of participants for market research including social media advertising, liaising with potential participants and devising screening questionnaires.
- Maintaining & growing research panel - Building our highly regarded in-house research panel by social media engagement, mailings/emails and through encouraging previous research respondents to sign up.
- Fieldwork logistics - Organising the logistics of market research projects involving fieldwork e.g. booking venues & transport, taking charge of itineraries, organising materials.
- Assisting with research design and conclusions - Supporting market research team with designing the fieldwork process (including online questionnaires & discussion guides) and writing up findings from research.
- Desk research & report writing - Researching, compiling, and analysing desk research into tailored HRA project reports.
- Analysis & recommendations - Use desk research findings to produce/ support client recommendations.
- Client debriefs - Attend client debriefs, taking minutes, and participating where appropriate, supporting the planning, execution of workshops and any other miscellaneous activity carried out for the client's best interests.
- Other - Correspondence with clients throughout project process.
Business Development & Administration 10%
- Project proposals: Providing support through including advising proposal costings, attending client pitches.
- Article/ marketing report creation: Creating mostly written (90%) and sometimes visual (10%) marketing content, specifically for the monthly HRA Newsletter and quarterly Trend Report.
- CRM development: Researching potential clients and adding names and addresses to our CRM system.
- Other tasks - as and when necessary.
May be required to perform ad-hoc duties as and when needed in the interests of the business.
The company boasts an excellent working environment in a contemporary office where every individual has the opportunity to make an impact. There is a clear career path at HRA marked with increasing responsibility, accountability and reward - you progress as fast as your skills and attitude allow.
The company will support you with training and skills development, including mentoring and professional study as appropriate. You will receive a full package of benefits that's competitive with and benchmarked to the top players in the industry.
- Financial support for Market Research Society professional development, study and training available - we willsupport you financially to progress through the qualification pathways.
- Generous holiday allowance building to 30 days plus public holidays
- Participation in the Cycle to Work scheme
- Regular socials and team events in a welcoming culture
- Excellent scope for progression
- Highly sought after, South Devon location next to the beach
- Educated to degree level with a 2:1 or above, preferably from a degree with a substantive research component. Ideally in Psychology, Economics, Geography, Business Studies or related.
- IT literate with proven proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- The ability to drive and access to a car would be very beneficial, though not essential
Attributes - you will be able to relate to and evidence the following personal attributes:
- Organised and process driven approach - a thinker, planner and organiser with good administrative skills.
- Commitment, self-motivation, an enquiring mind and a genuine interest in food and drink, shopper behaviour and market dynamics.
- Strong verbal communicator, with excellent written English.
- Persistence and resilience - able to keep plugging away and get a result.
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- You will have a genuine desire to learn, develop and grow.
- You will be happy to take on new challenges and immediate responsibility.
This role requires someone with an organised, methodical mind and the ability to communicate their knowledge effectively. You will use a creative and determined approach to solve problems, supported by the wider team, and deliver tailor-made solutions.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to expand the consultancy, gain a broad range of experience across market research methodologies and develop an understanding of global food and drink market dynamics.
To apply for this role please complete our internship application which can be downloaded here: Please send your completed form to us by clicking APPLY NOW