Posted on Dec 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Coventry (Middlemarch Business Park)
Package: Basic Salary £30,000-£35,000 (dependant on experience)
plus company car/allowance, bonus & PLC company benefits
Sector: Packaging distribution
We, the UK's largest packaging distributor have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our IT team based at our Coventry Head Office. We are a committed equal opportunities employer that champions 'dignity in the workplace'. Our focus is to provide customers with fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions, augmented by outstanding customer service. Our central IT department prides itself on providing first class support to the wider group business.
The Infrastructure Engineer Role
Working as a member of our Head Office based IT Team, an IT infrastructure specialist with a broad knowledge responding to a wide variety of incidents and requests at a 3rd line level will be responsible for the following...- Manage and maintain IT systems in line with business expectations (server, endpoint and networking)
- To work closely within the IT team to ensure information security risks are understood, and to balance the need to minimise risks with the need to conduct business efficiently.
- Assist in putting in place necessary controls and processes to manage risk (particularly cyber security risk)
Do you have the correct profile?
In order to apply for this opportunity, you will ideally meet with the criteria outlined below...
- Ideally a qualification in one or more of the following:
- Any Microsoft certified or Microsoft 365 certified qualification;
- Cisco CCNA;
- Citrix CCA;
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ or Server +
- ITIL Foundation;
- VMware VCA
- Experience of Patch Management (including WSUS)
- Networking skills including HP switches and monitoring systems
- Preferred knowledge of: Administrating Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop 7.6 and above;
- Building Citrix master builds (including using provisioning services)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016
- Administrating of Microsoft Office 365
- Administrating of VMware vSphere 6.0 and above;
- Good understanding of technical architecture and security aspects of infrastructure technology
- Implementing technical security standards and security policies
- Practical approach to improving the quality and user focus on security in a fast-changing organisation.
- Ability to write and maintain good quality technical documentation
- Demonstrable experience of proactivity, with the ability to work collaboratively or individually, as required
- Good problem solving and/or analytical skills
- Working as an information or IT security resource in a mid-size organisation
- Experience of working in a relatively small team
We provide a competitive basic starting salary along with a performance/profit linked bonus scheme and a flexible employee benefits scheme that includes: 25 days annual leave (rising up to 27 days with service plus all bank holidays), additional holiday purchasing scheme, contributory pension & employee discount scheme. Macfarlane Group is also dedicated to maximising every employee's potential, by providing career development plans and pathways in an environment that fosters personal growth and continuous improvement.
This is a key appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting our favoured candidate to commence with us in early January. To make an application please simply click 'apply' ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven't heard from us within a fortnight of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £50k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £30k Annual
£25.6 - £25.6 Hourly
£35k - £40k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£38k - £40k Annual