Registered Nurse/RN - Hospice
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by Common Sail Investment Group
Registered Nurse - Hospice
Part Time (approx 20 hrs) or Full Time
Michigan Premier Hospice, a CorsoCare Company
White Lake, Brighton, Oxford areas
The Hospice Nurse is responsible for the planning, coordinating, providing, and documenting care for patients from day of admission through day of discharge. Utilizing physicians' orders and professional skills, the Hospice RN develops and implements a plan of care that meets each patient's specific needs and is in compliance with accrediting organization standards, federal and state regulations, reimbursement guidelines, as well as the organization's policies and procedures.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN degree preferred.
- Current licensee as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Michigan.
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing in an acute care and home hospice setting is highly preferred.
- Current Michigan driver's license and/or reliable transportation.
- Performs physical and psychosocial assessment for all hospice patients.
- Develops a written plan of care for each patient.
- Provides skilled nursing care.
- Assesses patient's condition, initiates plan of care, re-evaluates, and updates as necessary.
- Assists in developing a pain management and symptom management plan to keep the patient as comfortable as possible. Reassess pain and notifies the primary care physician when pain is not manageable on the current medications.
- Responds to the physical, mental, social, and emotional needs of terminally ill patients and their families. Offers ongoing support and palliative care.
- Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
- Supervises Hospice Aides on an every other week basis.
- Participates in the organization's other mandated activities, ie, in services, UR/PI committee, staff meetings.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.