Chemical Project Engineer
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by MPA COMPANIES
Berkeley, CA area
Design modification of existing and installation of new equipment. This may include new facilities design and start-up, troubleshooting and process improvements such as filtration, deodorization, sterilization, bleaching, and process flow control. Great employee-oriented company!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs process studies to identify opportunities to improve manufacturing and energy efficiency.
Presents results to management both verbally and in written reports.
- Diagnoses process deficiencies, and create design improvements.
- Performs process modelling studies to identify improvement opportunities.
- Develops with the stake holders clear project premises, budgets scopes and detailed schedules. Manages project finances, with a strong control of scope, schedule deviation.
- Evaluates process schemes from operating data as needed.
- Prepares process datasheets for equipment and instrumentation.
- Updates/maintains documentation such as material balances, P&IDs and automation descriptions.
- Develops capital investments projects following the appropriate stage gate methodology.
- Executes capital projects managing schedule, scope and costs.
- Reports on capital projects to management regarding current/future activities
- Provides oversight of contractor(s) process design performance.
- Participates in planning for plant commissioning & start-up.
- Provides consulting on process questions as a member of the start-up team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Chemical Preferred).
- Strong preference for refinery manufacturing-food oils refinery, fuel oil refinery or chemical refinery.
- Min 5- 7 years' experience in project-based engineering with a focus on capitol project execution.
- Understanding/ability to apply fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid transport and reaction chemistry.
- Track record of successfully meeting schedule deadlines.
- Ability to travel approximately 15% of the time to US and foreign destinations.
- Familiarity with process simulation software applications such as Aspen or ChemCAD.
- Proficiency with scheduling software such as MS Project.
- Demonstrated ability for development of reports for and presentations to management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/team building skills.
Email resume as MS Word doc attachment direct with targeted salary range or call.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.