Financial Internal Audit Manager
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking an Internal Audit Manager. Candidate will manage a team that audits a variety of areas including; securities trading desks, treasury and debt functions, middle and Back Office functions, market risk management, liquidity risk management, and counter-party and credit risk management.
- Supervise the day-to-day oversight of individual audit
- Create a risk and control Matrix
- Identify deficiencies in the control design and operating effectiveness provide solutions, draft report and participate in the reporting process
- Perform testing of controls
- Lead client meetings and communicate audit findings
- Manage resource allocation and scheduling
- Management and audit committee reporting
- Assist with the annual planning process
- Typically has 8 to 12 years of experience, including previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry and the secondary mortgage markets.
- Proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments.
- Experience conducting audits in Risk Management.
- Experience in managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks/projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationship and rapport with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires CIA, CRMA or CPA certification.
- Solid understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments.
- Inspiring leader to peers and junior audit professionals
- Ability to make the complex simple and focus on the big picture
- Having a good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management and the COSO framework is critical for success in this role