Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer/CTH
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*This is a 6 month contract to hire role*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Azure Cloud Engineer. Candidate will support cloud-based environments and processes across the organization. Candidate will partner with cross-functional teams including operations/business leaders, architecture and development to design and support secure, highly-available, Agile cloud environments.
- Design, implement, and provide support across Azure environments.
- Partner with network and security teams to implement structure, connectivity, and security of our cloud environments.
- Assist architects and designers in standardizing and automating system implementation/configuration.
- Develop CloudFormation scripts for the cloud environments.
- Assist with documentation of the environments that support our products.
- Analyze, optimize and troubleshoot cloud environments.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verify integrity/availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes. Review system and applications logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs.
- Install and configure new software releases, perform system upgrades, evaluate and install patches.
- Implement, maintain, and test disaster recovery to ensure proper security across corporate computing environment.
- Perform after hours production changes, as necessary, serve as subject matter expert to troubleshoot and rapidly resolve system problems and outages with minimal downtime.
- Bachelor's degree required; Computer Science or Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Azure or higher-level certification preferred.
- 5+ years building operational systems for custom software applications.
- Provides subject matter expertise with ability to confidently resolve complex issues without escalation.
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery services.
- Advanced Windows and some Linux systems administration skills in a cloud environment.
- Expertise managing IAM accounts and policies.
- Extensive experience developing Cloud Formation Scripts.
- Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform knowledge.
- Strong Scripting skills with any of the following; PowerShell, Python, Perl, YAML, Golang etc.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$100k - $115k Annual
$70k - $90k Annual
$120k - $145k Annual
$75k - $85k Annual