Middleware Application Support Engineer
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Middleware Application Support Engineer. Candidate manages and plans efforts to research, design, plan and maintain new or existing hardware and software technology components. Candidate utilizes proven systems, Scripting and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. The role also creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
Candidate should be able to participate on outage calls, lead and coordinate with multiple teams to resolve outages, as well as:
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents/problems and coordinating with various support teams.
- Communicate with line of business and management the overall status and health of the application.
- Take necessary steps, coordinate with Infrastructure, business, project management teams and ensure that application infrastructure is up to date.
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability and speed.
- Conducts root cause analysis.
- Real Time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenge.
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary to ensure timely restoration.
- Create, review and update configuration management plans related to code promotion based on information systems and business requirements.
- Lead efforts to analyze and resolve complex incidents and problems and balance the workload against incident priorities. Ensure all related incidents and problems are appropriately resolved.
- Provide input and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
- Develop plans to meet required service levels; design data collection and reporting mechanisms for application/infrastructure health reporting.
- Direct the security work of more junior engineers serving as Subject Matter Expert for security requirements within areas of responsibility.
- Review and validate accuracy of other's estimates.
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall/Agile) preferred
- 8 + years of experience supporting various application/infrastructure upgrades - Linux, WebSphere, Windows,database to ensure that applications are up to date.
- 2+ years of experience with Service now, Jira.
- 2 + years of experience supporting web applications/portals built on Java and .NET framework, SQL server, Oracle.
- Splunk and Dynatrace expertise is necessary for this position.
- Some experience with GitHub and Jenkins is desired
- Exhibits a strong sense of urgency for high severity incidents. Able to assess the customer impact and provide tactical solutions