Level 1 IT Desktop Support Engineer
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Level 1 IT desktop Support Engineer
Our client is a Global Financial Services company that specialises in the residential and commercial property sectors. With particular expertise in Lending, Advisory and Asset Management, they are currently entering a period of expansion and need an experienced Level 1 IT Desktop Engineer to help with the next stage of their development.
This role is initially offered on a 2 year contract basis but there is a very strong possibility of a permanent appointment being offered in that time. The role also comes with superb benefits including healthcare, generous bonus scheme and a robust study support programme. Conveniently located in Central Dublin, the role is easily accessible by numerous public transport options.
Key Responsibilities of role:
* Setup IT equipment and install software for various applications and programs
* Manage JIRA Service requests, prioritising appropriately within SLAs
* Provide 1st line support for IT to our staff at Pepper, to continue to provide 'Best in class IT' while delivering incredible customer service
* Ensure all devices are patched with approved security updates every month including Windows desktops, Servers and third-party applications.
* Deploy Desktop Imaging, Server hardware and software installation and upgrades via SCCM
* Administer key Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Office 365 and SCCM, and Group Policies
* Manage IT inventory with accuracy and timeliness, including in-house and cloud-based applications; licenses and asset life cycle management
* Manage office printer infrastructure
* Provide User and Password management administration - Setting up/disabling users, email groups in Office365 and various other applications etc.
* Ensuring the smooth running of all IT systems, including many cloud-based applications and VMware Infrastructure.
* Perform daily system checks and provide management reports including weekly and monthly statistics
* Provide Help with AV/VC equipment when cross team meetings occur or when company-wide events happen
Essential Candidate requirements:
* 3rd level IT related qualification
* SCCM, Office365, Windows 10, Server 2008, 2012 and 2016, VMware, Active Directory, Azure
* Experience with Powershell Scripting, Group Polices
* Good Networking skills - TCP/IP, VLAN, LAN, WiFi, DHCP, DNS
* Experience with Veeam Backup and Replication or similar
* Previous experience in providing administration support for Cloud applications including Office365
* Strong team player who understands that customer service comes first before anything else
* Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within a
* fast-paced environment
* Able to meet deliverables and drive your work to completion within specified timelines
* Deliver ideas and solutions to many audiences including your team and IT leadership
* Availability to work in Ireland within a maximum of 4 weeks following successful interview
* Existing permission to work in Ireland without need for Visa/Critical Skills Permit - Sponsorship not available for this role
While not essential, previous relevant experience in a similar role in a Financial Services would be particularly welcome
For more information on this role, please contact Níall or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site.