Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by Caspian One Ltd
Caspian One is working with a financial institution based in the city of London, an impressive organisation with many strong partnerships with other leading vendors across the globe and an excellent client base. My client is looking for a highly skilled Java Engineer with expert Core Java skills to join them based out of their state-of-the-art offices in central London.
The successful candidate will be working within their FICC and Equity Derivatives division joining a close-knit technology-focused group that focuses on building highly sophisticated automated systems which are providing innovative solutions and helping to make key decisions for the group. This role is within a significant growth area for the firm and a major revenue-generating part of the business, if you are an ambitious and tech-driven individual who enjoys working in a collaborative environment, then this team would be a good fit.
The ideal person suited to this position will be a passionate technologist with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be highly analytical and have a process-driven acumen.
- Core Java experience
- Excellent academic record in relevant technology such as computer science, physics, mathematics or engineering
- At least 2 years' experience
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Python and C++ experience
- Previous technical role working on or with a derivatives trading desk (irrespective of asset class)
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems modelling complex and electronic workflows in finance