AWS Data Engineer/Developer - AWS, CI/CD, CloudFormation, Python, S3,
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by Mercator IT Solutions
AWS Data Engineer/Developer - AWS, CI/CD, CloudFormation, Python, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, CloudFront.
My customer is looking for a very experienced AWS Data Engineer/Developer who will be responsible for setting up, maintaining and evolving their cloud infrastructure.
- Experience of AWS Architecture, AWS CloudFront, AWS S3, AWS Lambda, and other AWS tools with deep Python experience
- Experience with GIT and source code management best practices
- Would be good to see skills like AWS Glue, Redshift etc.
- Experience in working with AWS S3 and native managed services along with Informatica BDM, Python/Spark, Scoop
- Experience in AWS kinesis (and other data streaming technologies)
- Experience in distributed cloud-based services
- Responsible for setting up, maintaining, and evolving the cloud infrastructure
- Expected to understand the core AWS services and apply best practices regarding security and scalability
- Understand the current infrastructure components and suggest changes
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding infrastructure deployment and maintenance
- Define service capacity planning strategies
- Implement the application's CI/CD pipeline using the AWS CI/CD stack
- Write infrastructure as code using CloudFormation or equivalent tools
- Work with your product team providing input, guidance, and skills to the testing approach and execution that best solves their needs towards delivering great software.
- Use effective written and verbal communication to advocate for our customers.
- Assist in development and operationalisation of a new Data Platform
- Support and maintain of existing Platform Technology
- Application experience migrating to or building natively in a cloud environment including monolithic applications, microservices, and functions as a service
Mercator IT Solutions provides services as an agency and an employment business