Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by The Royak Group Inc.
The Server Administrator's role is to design, install, administer, and optimize company Servers and related components to achieve high performance of the various business applications supported by tuning the Servers as necessary. This includes ensuring the availability of Client Server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. Where applicable, the Server Administrator will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm.
Essential Skill/Knowledge Functions:
- Manage Servers, including e-mail, print, and backup Servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure server security
- Conduct research on server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Check service desk database for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and respond to service desk tickets as appropriate.
- Serve as cornerstone for escalating server issues; provide timely response to customer escalations.
- Perform file system configuration and management; define and perform server backups and recovery procedures.
- Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports.
- Manage enterprise directory services and supporting server infrastructure.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
- Recommend and execute modifications to server environment in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
Job-Specific Essential Skill/Knowledge Functions:
- Advanced knowledge of at least 3 of the following: W2K8-W2K19 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VMWare, Hypver-V, Azure, Exchange, SQL, Veeam Backup, WYSE operating systems or Microsoft printing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SCOM, SCCM, SCVMM, SCSM, W2K8, W2K12, W2K16, W2K19, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, VMWare, Hypver-V, Azure, Exchange, SQL, Veeam Backup, WYSE operating systems,Active Directory, Microsoft Endpoint Protection, Microsoft printing.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment, including SCSI, RAID, and I/O topology.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Proven experience in overseeing the design and implementation of Microsoft based systems for application delivery and related products.
- Working technical knowledge of current hardware, software protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other fields with 3 years of IT related work experience.
- MCSA, MCSE certifications
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$65k - $65k Annual
$100k - $120k Annual
$120k - $120k Annual