(Contract) Release Train Engineer
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 by Templeton and Partners
Templeton& Partners is currently looking for a Release Train Engineer in Amsterdam.
Initial contract is 6 months with possible extension.
This role enables you to work on a leading Technology Platform and implement state of the art IT tools and processes for complex software delivery, with the following responsibilities:
- Manage and optimize the software development flow
- Assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities in your individual release train.
- Coach teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets and encourage collaboration between teams.
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks; Escalate and track impediments
- Work with the Integration & Release manager, Product and Solution Management, Product Owners and other stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Establish and communicate the calendars for Iterations and Program Increments (PIs)
- Relentlessly identify and drive improvement initiatives that help the delivery effectiveness
- Manage incoming defects and issues, and work with other delivery leads in identifying root cause, and addressing these high-severity defects very quickly.
- Support and facilitate the Big Room planning events and PI Planning readiness.
- Work together with the Release Manager and DevOps lead in their tasks.
- Facilitate System Demos and Solution Demos
- Support the Integration & Release Manager in
- Ensure best practices are cascaded between scrum teams
- Foster a Community of Practice with other release train engineer and drive retrospectives and improvement initiatives throughout.
Skills and Requirements:
- Strong business analysis skills is a must! Proven experience as a business analyst is an advantage!
- 12+ years of IT exp and 5+ years in software development in agile/scrum projects
- Strong elicitation and facilitation skills is a must
- Good knowledge of software development practices in general and Agile/Safe concept in particular
- Good experience in large computer application development, build systems, toolsets and software
- Self-organized and structured - needs to manage the delivery through others
- Proven skills and experience in delivering by influence through others
- RTE or Scrum certified is strongly preferable. Alternatively, any experience as LEAN practitioner, or training/certification in similar methodology (eg Six-Sigma) is desirable.
- Good knowledge of the geosciences domain is an advantage
- Capable of identifying different stakeholders and effectively manage and interact with them
- Strong customer focus with timely project deliveries
- Positive can-do attitude with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Relentless attitude that seeks continuous improvement in existing processes