Equity Derivatives Engineer - Associate
Posted on Dec 3, 2019 by Caspian One Ltd
Caspian One is working with a financial institution based in the city of London, an impressive organisation with many strong partnerships with other leading vendors across the globe and an excellent client base. My client is looking for an Equity Derivatives Engineer to join their capable team of passionate technologist's based in the heart of London.
The successful candidate will be working in the Front Office business-facing teams with quants, trading, structuring and ops groups. This is a very versatile role where you will be utilising your skills and expertise working alongside other masterful Engineers with a high degree of knowledge who stand out in their field.
Ideally, you will have come from a Financial Service background supporting mission-critical applications and infrastructure in a fast-paced high-pressure environment.
Are you a critical thinker with strong analytical and financial skills? Do you have a strong initiative and sound judgment; desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment? If yes, then we want to hear from you!
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Experience working with databases and datasets (modelling, querying)
- Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and ability to work across teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilst maintaining strong attention to detail
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of ownership and desire for impact
- Previous experience in a business-facing, Front Office engineering role in the finance industry