Reporting Platform Engineer - Python/SQL
Posted on Dec 3, 2019 by Caspian One Ltd
Caspian One is working with a highly reputable hedge fund and asset manager who operate across many regions and asset classes utilising a large, complex and diverse technology platform. They require a capable Reporting Platform Engineer with expert Python & SQL skills to join their talented investment team based in London city.
The successful candidate will be working alongside some of the brightest minds in the fintech and research space. You will be involved with the full delivery life cycle, from strategy through to design, development, testing, deployment and supporting their next-generation reporting platform.
It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and strong stakeholder engagement skills, with the ability to connect and communicate at all levels across the Group.
Are you a critical thinker with strong analytical and financial skills? Do you have a strong initiative and sound judgment; desire to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment? If yes, then we want to hear from you!
- Design, build and support scalable data pipeline for ingesting, verifying, ensuring quality and ingesting data
- Design and build a common warehouse schema to meet reporting needs by representing accurately data flows
- Developed a container-based report execution environment, and scale it on globally distributed execution clusters
- Build monitoring and alerting into the platform, and help teams leverage it for continuous visibility
- Automated end-to-end report submission life cycle, working closely with the reporting services teams
- Work with the reporting services team to make sure the platform meets our changing reporting needs in terms of scale, security, visibility and high-quality execution
- BS in Computer Science or another similar technical degree
- A minimum of 4-6 years of engineering experience related to large scale data and analytics platform development
- Experience in using relational, non-relational, and streaming data
- Databases: SQL Server and Snowflake
- Languages: SQL and Python is required and C++ is a plus
- Data streaming/queueing frameworks: Kafka
- Containerization: Docker and Kubernetes
- Financial Services experience, with regulatory reporting experience, preferred (eg, OATS, CAT, MiFID II, Blue Sheets, Supervisory Control Reports)