Posted on Dec 3, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Actuarial Analyst. Candidate will help develop basic to very complex actuarial formulas leading to the recommendation of extensive and impactful strategies. Provides consultation and clarification on actuarial models and risk issues, and influences management towards courses of action that have potentially sizeable impact on products, markets, underwriting, pricing, risk management, carried reserves and/or profitability. May direct simple to complex actuarial projects simultaneously, cross-functionally, as well as aspects of very broad, large and complex initiatives. May specialize in reserve analysis for loss or loss adjustment expenses or other company liabilities, economic capital modelling, pricing/product development including determining rating and pricing structures and premiums, and/or the origination and evaluation of rate structures for new product ideas, which are complex and strategic. In addition, supports research in the development in actuarial techniques, standards, and assumptions, and in the legal and regulatory environment. When involved in PC pricing, supports Product Line Directors in determining the product line's premium rates and pricing structures, profit forecasts, and other product line actuarial determinations.
- Researches and analyzes various types of data to produce rate adjustment proposals, reserve estimates or economic capital models; and/or actuarial support for filings with state insurance departments; and/or to implement new rates and rating plans, using existing procedures, recommending changes where appropriate.
- Analyzes data towards developing and proposing solutions for actuarial issues.
- Pursues a Casualty Actuarial Society designation at least through ACAS level. Maintains appropriate Continuing Education credit to maintain Actuarial credentials.
- Researches and analyzes data for special projects within a defined scope. Serves as Property/Casualty Actuarial representative for project committees as assigned.
- 3+ years Commercial and/or Agribusiness pricing experience (Commercial and Agribusiness position only)
- 3+ years Personal Lines (Auto and/or Homeowners) pricing experience (Personal Lines position only)
- 5+ actuarial exams completed
- Experience with Property/Casualty rate level indication process
- Demonstrated ability solving intermediate level actuarial/pricing problems
- Computer skills including Intermediate/Advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite and basic/intermediate programming skills
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study.
- At least 2 years of actuarial student or related experience
- OR, Master's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field of study experience