Data Engineer/Python Developer - Hedge Fund, London
Posted on Dec 3, 2019 by Caspian One Ltd
Caspian One is working with a global investment management and data-driven firm, designing and building their own systems, from high-performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and computer farms. An impressive organisation that prides itself on its international environment that promotes professional and cultural exchange and encourages further individual development.
My client requires Data Engineers with strong Python development skills to work within their Data Science and Engineering team, whist working very closely with quant researchers and other senior stake holders across the globe. Currently, the organisation does not have a data team in their London office, so this offers a unique opportunity to work in a team and help it grow.
Your day will consist of performing data integration and data consultative projects work, integrating and merging the tech, fixing the bug and technical issues, fixing code and looking at the overall process and making improvements to the process and environment along the way. This is a hands-on role, where you will be expected to code in Python, work within a Linux and cloud-based environment. Therefore, if you have hands-on experience with cloud technologies platforms and distributed architecture this will prove to be beneficial in applying for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field.
- Experience with Python Development.
- Experience with Data Mining applications - ideally for finance related applications
- Experience with SQL - running and writing your own queries
- Scripting, developing, debugging and performance tuning within Linux based environment
- Critical thinking - ability to track down complex data and engineering issues, evaluate different algorithm approaches and analyse data to solve problems
- Knowledge and/or interest in trading and financial markets
- Experience with web application development
- Experience with large data sets
- Exposure to KDB