Posted on Dec 3, 2019 by BM Recruit
An opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader has been created to lead a team of ten engineers on a Monday - Friday day shift.
In this position, the Engineering Team leader will ensure the day to day running of the engineering department exceeds requirements by ensuring PPM schedules and reactive maintenance is carried out in a correct end efficient manner.
Key responsibilities for the Engineering Team Leader:
- Ensure that the engineering department applies Health and Safety and Food Safety standards to all work undertaken.
- Confirm that all manufacturing equipment meets site regulations and all sub conditions are managed or escalated accordingly.
- Administer the workload of engineers and ensure that work is divided for completion.
- Control the ordering of engineering spares to ensure stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Mentor and support all staff within the engineering team and ensure targets and KPI's are accomplished.
- Purchase Engineering parts and ensure costs and budgets are adhered to.
- Attend all Daily production meetings and feed back to the engineering team.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards across all engineering areas.
- Communicate across all levels of site management in relation to any engineering activities and breakdowns.
The ideal candidate for the Engineering Team Leader:
- Displaying strong leadership ability, you are able to direct your team to successful completion of all tasks whilst maintaining good morale.
- Alongside a recognised Electrical or Mechanical Engineering qualification, you will have a solid understanding of machine operation and production processes.
- You are comfortable identifying the key priorities and managing a busy workload.
- You have excellent troubleshooting skills with a focus on finding a solution through to resolution.
- A great communicator, you provide regular, timely updates to all internal and external stakeholders including the Production team and contractors.
- With good attention to detail, you approach situations with a meticulous eye on safety, quality and procedures.
In return for meeting the above criteria, the successful Engineering Team Leader will receive a salary of £38,000 - £40,000 per annum.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£42k - £45k Annual
£36k - £40k Annual
£46k - £46k Annual
£42k - £45k Annual