Junior QA Engineer
Posted on Dec 3, 2019 by ITech Consult
Junior QA Engineer
Our client gives organizations the power to get the most out of their learning programs. They have been helping Associations, Extended Enterprise and Training Organizations to build and improve education and certification programs since 1995
They have vacancy for a highly motivated QA Engineer to join the Services team to assist with the testing and quality of our client's many, diverse implementations of its leading LMS Software. The role of the QA engineer is to be part of a team that delivers high quality software to meet customer needs in accordance with customer requirements and agreed deadlines. The role is also responsible for identifying software quality issues and customer specific issues.
* System, Functional Testing
* Creation of test cases and test-harnesses, ensuring scripts created are to a high standard and well maintained.
* Performing manual testing of a core product and customer specific solutions.
* Liaising with BA's and developers on issues to be tested.
* Any experience or knowledge of Automated Testing an advantage
* Identification and root cause analysis of potential bugs.
* Recommend enhancements to existing processes and tools to improve productivity.
* Functional and Non-Functional Test execution - troubleshooting potential issues.
* Test preparation, coupled with test execution. Keep logs of their progress and update the test results daily.
* Produce problem reports when defects are found, and work closely with both the Services team and the R&D Team to resolve.
* Ensure everything possible is done to carry out complete testing in the given timeframe.
* The successful candidate will have minimum 1 year experience testing software, with emphasis on web based environments
* Relevant experience in a software development life cycle
* Ability to devise, describe and implement innovative and exhaustive tests
* Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Attention to quality and detail
* Motivated, enthusiastic individual with ability to work on own initiative
* Knowledge and experience of test workflows, methodologies, specification design, development, and execution.
* A 'can do' attitude
* Excellent organization and administrative skills
* A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
* Willing to learn and develop
* Quality assurance mentality
* Good facilitator and listener
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
* Ability to react to changing priorities and work unsupervised
* High standards of accuracy
* Good time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
* A degree/Higher Diploma in computer science (or another discipline)
Nice to Have(s):
* Automation testing (Selenium webdriver) and/or Zephyr experience is an advantage
* ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing is desirable
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918737FK
Role: QA Engineer
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.