Posted on Dec 2, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is a prominent and well-regarded financial services business.
You will have a diverse set of strenghts that allow you to design, develop, test and deliver applications and/or infrastructure services in the scope of your squad. You will also contribute to applications maintenance, administering them and eventually decommissioning them.
Ops Engineer, you will control the operational activities in the squad and actively contribute to the testing of applications/infrastructure services. The successful candidate will understand the entire stack, so that they can bring applications & infrastructure services into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the Dev Engineer.
This means you can contribute to activities in the backlog.
The following items required:
- You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge that is relevant for the area in which you work.
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
- You take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
- Solid knowledge and proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshootingWindows and Linux/Unix based environments.
- Solid knowledge and proven working experience in the administration and performance tuning of application
- Solid knowledge and proven working experience of domain-infrastructure (eg AD, DNS)
- Experience with virtualization, containerizationand cloud (eg VMware, Virtual Box, Azure)
- Knowledge/experience with monitoring systems
- Knowledge/experience Oracle/SQL
- Knowledge/experience Java(not to programme, but able to read code for troubleshooting)
- Knowledge/experience with CI and CD (g. Gitlab, Jenkins, Mavin, Docker)
- Knowledge/experience with Disaster Recovery, High Availability
- knowledge of network and application security (eg NAC, Cisco ISE, encryption)
- Implementing all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control
- Perform Life Cycle Management (including decommissioning) for IT products under management.
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes (tooling: HPSC, Jira, ServiceNow)
- be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator
- have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English (knowledge of Dutch and/or French is an asset)
A valid EU work permit is required for this role. If you are not an EU citizen, or have a valid permit to work in the EU, please do apply for this role.
If you wish to apply for this role, please send me a CV for immediate consideration.