.NET Architect and Team Lead
Posted on Dec 2, 2019 by Stamford Consultants AG
Overview of business area or project:
Fixed Income and Wealth Management Sales IT offers global IT solutions supporting investment and corporate banking activities within Private Banking and Wealth Management Credit Suisse division.
Our department is developing and maintaining 20+ Applications within Sales Services and Channels mainly focusing on issuance and life cycle of structured products and related supporting services like document generation and distribution.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to get exposure to a wide array of business trading areas and the wealth management side of the bank.Key Responsibilities
- Strong collaboration with the product owner and the development team
- To drive and implement architecture improvements holistically considering the application landscape
- Increase team knowledge of software craftsmanship by training and mentoring of less senior colleagues
- Inspire the team towards sound best practices
- Take ownership of the code base and take the required steps to ensure that the team delivers high quality features in agreed timeframes by evaluating and applying sufficient software development methods, tools and techniques
- Help drive the team toward better DevOps practices
- Alignment of existing and new technologies considering application needs and requirements
To deliver high quality solutions despite challenging timeframes. If the candidate has limited experience of finance, there will be a learning curve on the business knowledge side.
The candidate is expected to be able to work efficiently across multiple applications within a large organization with a complex IT environment and to navigate policies and standards typical in a large organization meanwhile applying best practices and a sound technical understanding.
One of the primary applications caters for a very wide range of business users, from retail clients to institutions, so there are Front End as well as Back End challenges in the area.Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid Design Patterns and OOP
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with both Business and various IT teams
- Sound general IT understanding (software development, OS, security, networking)
- Highly developed Attention to detail
- Organized and able to take on responsibility
- Very good soft skills and able to work effectively in a co-located team
- Solid Front to Back Developer required, 10 years+ proven experience
- Solid C# knowledge. Java knowledge in addition is a plus.
- Experience with Services implementation and testing (REST, JSON, SOAP, XML ).
- Experience with testing: Unit Test, automated User Interface tests and Integration Tests (Selenium, Mocha etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
- 10+ years of experience required.
- Experience from finance industry and essential finance know-how
- Previous team lead experience
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with implementing DevOps practices
- Experience with Cloud services (eg AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
- Experience of working in Scrum teams and agile projects
- Experience with micro services architecture design and deployment
- Experience with Trading systems and/or working in a banking environment would be a plus
- Atlassian Toolchain/GIT/SVN/NuGet/Docker/Windows/MSSQL
- Architecture-related Documentation (system diagrams, flow diagrams)
If you think you fill all the requirements above and would be interested in this opportunity, please feel free to forward your latest CV to (see below)
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.