Technical Communicator - API and Developer Guides
Posted on Dec 2, 2019 by Clifford Sells
Technical Communicator/Author - API & Developer Guides
Our client is leading the field in mobile health care development. Their mission is to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth.
They need a Technical Communicator/Technical Author to work closely with the team developing native mobile SDKs and REST APIs to produce world class documentation to support partners using their APIs and SDKs.
You will capture technical and product knowledge from different teams and make it easily accessible for everyone. You know what good technical documentation for APIs and SDKs looks like and will use your understanding of technology to produce high quality documentation.
This will include:
- Writing technical documentation for internal and external developer audiences, such as API and SDK reference docs and developer guides,
- Writing or editing sample code that supplements the documentation and illustrates the use cases,
- Describing clearly how to implement complete features using the APIs and SDKs.
You will also work closely with stakeholders to:
- Develop writing guidelines based on current best practices,
- Define an editorial content plan,
- Understand the capabilities of the APIs and SDKs,
- Help inform the information architecture of the documentation and make suggestions for improvement
- Design and organise the documentation in a way that is maintainable and can evolve along with the product
- Coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
Apart from your demonstrable skills writing and testing documentation for APIs and SDKs you must have the following knowledge and skills:
- Ability to write in a clear, accurate and concise way about complex topics while avoiding unnecessary jargon,
- Written for both native and non-native English audiences,
- Analyse available data and user feedback to identify areas for improvement,
- Experience working with OpenAPI specs,
- Experience of applications with an API based on the FHIR standard,
- Comfortable with doc comments' formats (Javadoc, Swift-flavoured markdown),
- Some knowledge of tools that generate reference documentation from source code (Kotlin, Swift),
- Comfortable with source code repository concepts and tools (git, GitHub),
- Experience with querying APIs, HTML and markdown.
A salary up to £60,000.00 p.a. plus an exceptional benefits package is offered. Apart from all the health benefits these include:
- A real entrepreneurial spirit and drive to make a tangible difference in the world
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- BUPA health and life insurance
If you want to be part of this vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare, then APPLY NOW!