C++ Software developer
Posted on Dec 2, 2019 by Michael Bailey Associates - Eindhoven
For a client of ours in the High-Tech industry we are looking for a C++ software developer
Start: Q1 2020
Duration: Perm (Directly on the payroll of our client)
Language: English and/or Dutch
About our client
Our client is an ambitious and fast-growing High Tech group of companies, active around the globe in vision, robotics and mechatronics. Knowledge is key, however only part of the success.
Our client attracts unique people who add their personal touch to the group.
At our client you are never just an employee or an individual.
They are a company with a certain mentality, attitude and culture which makes them unique.
Each role in the organisation is challenging and interacts with passionate people, creating solutions for worldwide customers in a technical innovative environment.
About the position
As a software engineer, you will further develop the own software of our client for computer vision applications in the industrial automation industry.
From existing and new projects, you will learn from all aspects which typically occur in machine-vision automation processes.
In your development curve from smaller to larger projects, there will always be room of differentiation or specialisation.
They have recently modernized our software development process, using GitLab and modern C++ compilers (gcc-8 and Visual Studio 2019). Goal is to further modernize the existing code base.
Our next generation architecture will be based on modern C++ concepts based on best practices like the "C++ Core Guidelines".They use external components like Qt, Boost, Absl, Eigen, OpenCV, PointCloudLibrary and TensorFlow.
- 3 or more years experience in C++
- Knowledge of Git
- Knowledge of C++ 11/14/17 is a plus
- Background in computer vision or/and machine learning is a plus
- Experience with Linux and Visual Studio is a plus
- A strong mathematical background is an advantage
- Able to work in a team with other software developers and people in other disciplines (mechanical- and optical engineering)
- A vivid affinity for industrial automation and creativity are welcome.
- In their technical world it's all about communication! Are you a technically interested colleague with communication skills?
- Good communication requires fluency in English; Dutch other languages are a valuable asset.
- Your attitude is pragmatic, you like taking initiatives and act pro-actively to get the work done.
- A no-nonsense, hands-on mentality makes you successful, both independently and in a team.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.