Senior Security Analyst
Posted on Dec 2, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Security Analyst.
This role is revolved around being a broad enterprise security analyst. This role is about metrics and reporting of security posture and effectiveness and to be able to assess the current effectiveness of current security technologies and processes of the client. This person needs to be able to assess output from the SOC to identify effectiveness in their reports and alerts. They will recommend improvements and evaluate current toolsets providing such information.
- Metrics and reporting of security posture and effectiveness
- Maturity and effectiveness of current security technologies and processes
- Analysis of coverage and visibility across all of Grainger (subsidiaries, geolocations, etc.)
- Decent security background to comprehend what they need to report, why it matters, and be able to articulate risk or severity
- Ability to assess output from the Security Operations Center to identify effectiveness in their reports, alerts, etc.; recommend improvements and evaluate current toolsets providing such information
- Awareness and comprehension of common industry security frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001, SANS 20, etc.
- Comprehensive ability to aggregate intelligence and data points and produce compelling, informative, and insightful reports for varying audiences.
- Security Assessment: Leads complex security assessment activities
- Security Audits: Leads large scale internal and external security audits. Presents finding and recommendations. Briefs management.
- Research & Analysis - Guides industry and internal research and analysis
- 6-15 years industry experience
- 4-8 years' experience in Systems Security fundamentals
- 2-4 years' experience in access control systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Industry certifications ideal
- Experience operating in an agile context