Senior Enterprise Data Architect
Posted on Dec 2, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Enterprise Data Architect. This role is revolved around developing data architecture while defining and enforcing data architecture standards, governance, and controls. This person needs experience with developing architecture reference models for data governance and control. For this role, the candidate must have 7+ years of data architecture experience and 3+ years working with big data architecture.
- Create, maintain, and govern architectural views and blueprints depicting the Business and IT landscape in its current, transitional, and future state.
- Recommend long-term direction on strategic advancements within the technical portfolio.
- Define and maintain standards for artifacts containing architectural content within the operating model.
- Build a Community of Practice for solutions architecture while leveraging architectural tools, processes, and practices.
- Offer insight, guidance, and direction on the usage of emerging trends and technical capabilities.
- 7+ years in the data architecture space and 3+ years with big data architectures.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated abilities working in large, multi-million dollar Data architecture programs.
- Ability to evaluate and assess existing Legacy data assets with an eye on modernization and simplification.
- Proven experience in architecture governance, controls, and peer reviews in regards to data, security, and cloud.
- Experienced in developing architecture reference models for data governance and control.
- Ability to lead software evaluations including RFP development, capabilities assessment, formal scoring models, and delivery of executive presentations supporting a final directional recommendations.
- Responsible for creating reference architecture, and roadmap necessary to hold architecture delivery to the level of quality.
- Well versed in the Data domains (Data Warehousing, Analytics, BI, Big Data, Operational Data Store, Metadata, Master Data, Unstructured Data, ETL, ESB)
- Experience developing enterprise level data standards, master data management architectures and EDW architectures with IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server database technologies.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Sqoop, Hive, Flume, Storm, and Kafka.
- Experienced in SOA and Restful API architectures, with a deep understanding of web services (XSDs, WSDLs, JSON) used within an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Proven ability to work with various service transports and protocols (ie SOAP, HTTP, MQ, etc.)
- Hands-on ability to build and manage enterprise data models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
- Experience with unstructured or semi-structured data design and implementation.
- Experience with data profiling tools and processes.
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modelling techniques.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 15 years of experience in information technology OR,
- Master's degree and at least 12 years of experience in information technology OR,
- At least 17 years of experience in information technology.
- AND 2 years lead experience.