AWS Solution Engineer - Cloud Migration & Transition
Posted on Dec 2, 2019 by Experis IT
AWS Cloud Migration Solution Engineer sought to join a major Dutch Enterprise who are in the early- to mid-stages of their journey to AWS.
Our client is a well-known Dutch organisation which has recently delivered their first AWS PaaS into Production. They are now looking to double their existing AWS team size in order to lead with the migration of large and complex workloads to AWS.
This particular hire seeks an Engineer with a background in Cloud Migration, especially in terms of successfully transitioning applications workloads through into Production. Your responsibilities will also include: the development, management and maintenance of the AWS PaaS; internal consultancy and guiding DevOps teams the Cloud journey; and securing customer and company data through automated security compliance.
- 3+ years AWS Engineering experience and at least 2 AWS Certifications.
- Strong AWS CloudFormation, IAM, and Lambda.
- CI/CD using AWS CodePipeline and Git plus knowledge of the AWS Deployment Framework.
- Cloud monitoring solutions (AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, ELK stack).
- One or more Cloud Native languages such as Python, Node.js, C# and/or Java.
- Strong customer-facing, consultancy and stakeholder management skills.
- Expertise in migrating application workloads to AWS, especially in relation to transitioning applications into Production Support. An Application Support background would therefore be highly relevant.
- A security-focused mindset, with specific Cloud Security knowledge highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills in English (essential) and Dutch (preferred)
This is an excellent long-term contract assignment with a large Dutch Enterprise at the early- to mid-stages of their journey to AWS.