Math and Science Tutors (Instructional Advisors) - part-time
Posted on Dec 2, 2019 by Notre Dame College
Position: Instructional Advisor (tutor)
Status: part time; flexible including evenings
Rate of pay: $16.48 per hour
Academic Areas needed:
- Chemistry - biggest need
Tutor and help with specialized services in a manner consistent with the College mission and the mission of the Academic Support Center for Students with Learning Differences. To help students to develop study skills and to become their own self-advocates.
The Instructional Advisor must:
- Be able to relate well to individuals with learning differences and to a diverse student population.
- Tutor students on an individual basis in specific subject matter.
- Keep accurate records of all work with students.
- Help students with organizational skills and check student planners.
- Be knowledgeable about accommodations and modifications for students with learning differences
- Act as ambassadors of the ASC
- Administer tests
The qualified candidate will have a bachelor's degree and minimum one year experience in the related area of expertise. Master's degree preferred.