Posted on Nov 25, 2019 by Hufford Services Group
Our client helps life science organizations optimize processes for the collection, management
and analysis of research data. We have an opportunity for a Data Scientist in Raleigh, NC with
the desire to occupy a very high profile and high impact position. The Data Scientist must have
5 years of experience identifying and documenting sources of component data and providing
specifications for housing the data in the data lake. This is a two year contract.
MUST BE LOCAL TO RALEIGH, NC.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR a SECURITY CLEARANCE (Public Trust)
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
- Scope analytic processes, including creating and documenting associated infrastructure and workflow document data requirements to support analytics needs.
- Identify and document sources of internal and external data
- Determine data access methods (APIs, tool-kits, ETL and alike)
- Determine resources such as 1) profiling of source download data formats (RDMS SQL dump, ftp, XML/JSON, etc.), and 2) what data needed to complete analytics and to process in data lake/data staging, etc...
- Recommend data architecture and schematics, ETL process/Tool, data governance, and
- potential integration with internal and external data, and analytic framework)
- 5 years' experience as a Data Scientist
- 3 years' experience with Tableau or equivalent visualization tool
- 3 years' experience with R, SAS, AlterYX or equivalent analytics framework
- Experience in analyzing, interpreting, and visualizing data
- Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science or equivalent in related work experience.
- Strong written, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior communications and presentation skills
- Focused, driven individual
- Experience in transportation or logistics a plus
- Python and Spark experience is a plus
Applicants are required to be U.S. Citizens for this opportunity.
About the Company
Hufford Services Group is a full-service managed technology services provider and staffing service.