Posted on Nov 25, 2019 by eTeam Inc.
Job Tittle: Data Engineer
Location: Hague, Netherlands
Duration: 6 months Contract
A data engineer is a worker whose primary job responsibilities involve preparing data for analytical or operational uses.
Client's Netherlands is boosting its data science team and data analytics capabilities across all other departments to support (big) data monetization. The data science and data analytics teams are responsible for increasing the company's data maturity level by using data to improve fact-based decision making, launch better products and services and improve customer experience. The teams are responsible to design and launch continuous (big) data experiments to support the commercial and technical departments and to drive innovation in the field of advanced analytics.
We are looking for Data Engineers to join our growing team of analytics experts. The data engineer supports data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery. They collect data form multiple sources; relational databases (Teradata, Oracle), big data environments (Hadoop) and online data (Google Big Query). They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and challenging IT on our company's data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
Responsibilities for Senior Data Engineer
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify internal process improvements and work with our IT counterpart: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data' technologies.
- Keep our data separated and secure across functional teams and systems
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data system
Qualifications for Senior Data Engineer
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
-Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, etc.
-Experience with relational SQL databases, Teradata, Oracle, MySQL
-Experience with AWS cloud services
-Experience with object-oriented/object function Scripting languages: Python
Additional responsibilities lead engineer (on-site)
- Steer off-shore team of data engineers
- Maintain data engineering backlog, align new demand and priorities with stakeholders
- Keep stakeholders informed on progress
- Advice stakeholders on data request, and support the translation of requirements to proper functional and technical requirements
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
€70 - €75 Hourly
€500 - €600 Daily