Posted on Nov 25, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
IT Deskside Engineer | Madrid | Spanish and English speaking | 6 months contract to hire
This position assists customers, end-users and operating staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology.
Day to day tasks for the IT Deskside Engineer role:
- Accurately testing, identifying, repairing, resolving, and documenting end-user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/Workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, BlackBerrys and basic printer support.
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues.
- Ability to install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall software including remote support
- Reimaging computers/hard drives in accordance with customer standards
- IMACD function including installation and decommission
- Backing up and restoring settings and associated systems administration activities
- Taking ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Categorize and prioritize end-user support requests and service requests by utilizing a Remedy ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Move equipment associated with escalated help desk incidents and service requests
- Performing asset inventory activities as needed.
- Trains and orients staff on the use of hardware and software.
- Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity
Desired Experience for the Deskside Engineer role:
- Proven experience on-site desktop support role
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break/Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Broad experience in IT-related services with a basic understanding of Networks, Intel Servers and Telecoms
- Unix first level troubleshooting and software loading.
- Experience including remote control of PCs and video conferencing knowledge
- Handling of Tape Media and basic Back-ups loading and loading techniques
- Rotational On-call for executive support
Excellent hourly rate - that is a temporary to a permanent position, after 6 months probation
Shortlisting immediately - phone interview ASAP.
Start date ideally ASAP
This role is suitable for an IT Deskside Engineerwho is looking to work in a professional team within a successful company.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV for consideration.