Sr. Business Analyst (12 month contract position)
Posted on Nov 25, 2019 by PF1Professional Services, Inc.
The Business Analyst will play a key role in ensuring the company's ERP Implementation Project will meet objectives on time and on budget by ensuring company's business processes are adequately adapted to the new environment in a way that supports employee adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people and process side of change - including changes to business processes, system(s) usage, job roles and organizational structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing business process adaptations and change management plans that maximize employee adoption and usage while minimizing resistance. The Business Analyst will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization and greater proficiency of the changes that impact employees in the organization to increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
This position is a contract position.
The Business Analyst will report directly to the ERP Project Manager and indirectly to the Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer.
While the Business Analyst does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The Business Analyst may also provide direct support and coach frontline managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through the transition to the new system. The Business Analyst will also support The ERP Implementation Program Manager in integrating change management activities and process optimizations into the implementation project plan.
Roles and responsibilities
- Document, review, and evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing optimizations.
- Assess impacts to business processes and system procedures in support of system changes, regulatory changes, audit findings, and staffing adjustments.
- Determine and document change impact in business processes and system behavior, assist departmental personnel in engineering business process changes.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Perform requirements analysis.
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Identify, analyze, and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff.
- Identify and assist in managing anticipated resistance
- Identify, Develop, Validate, and Support training efforts and the creation of job aids.
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Evaluate and ensure user and operational readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- A bachelor's degree in business or related field or an MBA.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Must be familiar with Office 365 applications and Visio.
- Must be physically able to move around a ship, tug and/or barge, including climbing stairs, ladders, and using elevators in confined spaces.
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be willing and able to accompany seagoing staff on voyages of up to 5 days.
- Must be willing and able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers ID Card) card.
- Must be comfortable working safely around large vessels moving bulk petroleum products and/or their derivatives.
Skills and qualifications
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- A history of leading and supporting successful projects or initiatives.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project life cycle