Software Applications Trainer
Posted on Nov 25, 2019 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client has a need for a Software Applications Trainer on a contract to hire basis.
The Software Applications Trainer's role is to deliver training to end users in the organization about how to use various types of software programs efficiently and effectively in support of business objectives. This individual is responsible for designing, delivering, and improving in-house software applications training programs and related courseware.
- Coordinate with business unit leaders to assess training needs and objectives.
- Create, administer, analyze, and report on end user needs assessments and skills assessments.
- Develop and coordinate an overall software applications training curriculum for end users of all levels.
- Assess, recommend, and purchase courseware packages, and support development of appropriate courseware tools.
- Conduct research into computer-based training products and services in support of development and purchasing efforts.
- Design, develop, and deliver software applications training programs and individual classes.
- Present instructor-led training sessions.
- Develop and deliver new courses for new and existing software applications, including all course materials, exercises, and skills evaluations.
- Review training materials and documentation and keep them up to date.
- Create and communicate training schedules in consultation with business division decision makers.
- Maintain a database to track training participants' status and results.
- Create and administer training event feedback mechanisms. Analyze results, make recommendations for training improvement, and integrate changes in curriculum and/or courses.
- Work with external software vendor to ep apprised of changes and upcoming developments in software applications.
- Communicate software problems and issues to internal support teams.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree required.
- Degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or education preferred
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of trends in computer technology relating to software.
- Experience with building and maintaining course and participant databases.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of transportation industry preferred