Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Nov 25, 2019 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
Our client has a need for a Sr Network Engineer on a contract to hire basis.
- Management, maintenance, updating, and support of Company's WAN and LAN
- Identification and correction of location network connectivity issues
- Understanding and execution of TCP/IP skills and IP address subnetting
- Manage traffic in and out of network hardware (Routers) to ensure maximum utilization.
- Design and Implementation of complex solutions.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis.
- Identify and recommend solution to meet customer needs, and implement chosen solution.
- Manage projects from identification of need to implementation and ongoing monitoring of system/solution performance.
- Involved in analysing system/software performance and adjust network specifications based on any identified problems
- Analyze network connectivity to ensure that hardware is utilized at its highest capacity
- Perform network analysis and disaster recovery planning and testing for the Company's WAN environment.
- Communicate with client groups on a regular basis to determine needs
- Work closely with customer's leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
- Manage the projects and/or solutions to client group expectations.
- Associates degree required, advanced degrees preferred
- CCNA certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of functional experience in a large enterprise network
- 2-3 years of project management (including mid-to-large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Experience and full fluency in the following hardware/software (depending on role):
- Cisco Platform (Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, Routers, Catalyst 2900, 9000 Switches, wireless access points,
- Cisco and Aruba AP/Airwave Mangement
- Infoblox DNS, DHCP grid platform
- Solarwinds Network Management/Monitoring Toolset
- MPLS Technologies
- Site-to-Site VPN implementations
- BGP & EIGRP experience
- IP Addressing schemes.
- Bandwidth/Circuit monitoring tools (ie Netflow Tracker)
- Packet Analysis - (Wire Shark) experience
- Microsoft office applications (including Visio)
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job