Oracle ERP Expert - Venlo, Netherlands
Posted on Nov 25, 2019 by TechNet IT Recruitment (Permanent)
Oracle ERP Expert required to work on a global Oracle ERP implementation for a leading retail client in Venlo, Netherlands.
Location: Venlo, Netherlands
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Skills and experience:
- Must have significant relevant experience as an Oracle ERP Expert role within an international (Pan-European) organisation, providing ERP technical support to finance teams.
- Must have excellent practical skills in the use of the Oracle Fusion and Oracle BI tools for reporting; knowledge of ETL tools and techniques for extract, mapping and troubleshooting data quality issues; and understands the core capabilities of the Oracle modules and workflow with the ability to triage workflow issues.
- Must be motivated to learn fast and a lot on both the operational business processes and the Oracle Cloud processes.
- Experience of working in an agile environment (Kanban, Scrum).
- Must be fully conversant with ITIL.
- Strong verbal & written communications skills.
- To have in-depth working knowledge of the relevant 3rd party contracts and technical support processes that underpin the company's ERP/Financial solution eg Oracle, APRO.
- To possess an excellent understanding of the OTC, PTP and RTR functions.
- Manage, communicate and coordinate all update, release, patch and associated regression testing schedules, working with 3rd parties keeping operational interruptions to a minimum and aligning to agreed change control processes.
- To understand and document the Oracle software modules that comprise the company's Oracle ERP/Financial solution and be responsible for licence and cost management, continually looking for opportunities to rationalise to rationalise both to achieve operating efficiencies.
- To support the Service Delivery manager in the management of vendors, particularly in the management of Oracle.
- To manage 3rd party SLAs related to service, support, backups and disaster recovery etc.
- To ensure operational effectiveness of interfaces/integrations to and from the applications.
- To continually review systems and data backup policies with 3rd parties and ensure that regular backups are taken, are correct and available to minimise the risk of data loss.
- To build and publish regular service reports, reporting performance against SLA, providing insight and recommendations.
- Coach and support the SMEs/technical individuals to get the right outcomes from them and other support teams eg Oracle, APRO, Workday, SAP and the business;
- Must be very comfortable with change and evolution, taking the initiative to identify and lead continuous improvement initiatives, engaging with and winning the support of key senior stakeholders in pursuit of service excellence;
- Maintain a knowledge database (KDB) and known error database (KEDB), including application modules and the processes they relate to, to support the efficiency of the team;
- To log all ERP/Financial technology/process risks in the Risk Register and help to identify and apply mitigating actions to reduce the risk (probability and impact);