Director of Operations/COO
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Precision is a mid-sized information technology consulting and staffing company in Basking Ridge, located right off Route 287, with an impressive base of Fortune 500 clients. We recruit for some of the most exciting and innovative software development projects in North America! Over the years, Precision has accumulated numerous accolades for our performance and is often ranked the #1 service provider by our clients. We pride ourselves on our friendly culture and great work environment, and we encourage our employees to innovate and help us grow.
This position would offer a rewarding local career opportunity without the high stress level or commute found in other positions.
- Be a member of and strategic thought partner to the executive team... Reporting directly to the managing partners, you'll shape how we plan for the future and increase accessibility of timely financial insights to support better decision making.
- Provide hands-on management of all day-to-day and strategic Operations functions of the company - specifically, in Finance (accounting, A/R, A/P, taxes, banking/cash management, insurance) and HR functions (payroll, benefits). This entails not only ensuring timely transaction processing and reporting, but also creating and maintaining a documented system of policies/procedures AND system of controls. You'll make sure our Operations processes are carried out with an "end-to-end" view with considerations for risk management (insurance, regulatory, human capital, etc.) and client experience.
- Liaise with outside counsel as needed to manage contracts, immigration, and compliance.
Precision is an equal opportunity employer.
- 10+ years of Accounting/Financial Management experience, with most recent experience in a COO, Director of Operations, or Controller role within a small or medium sized private company (between $10-$75M in revenue) and ideally with multi-state operations
- Well-honed business judgment
- Strong personal and professional integrity
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including an outstanding quantitative ability to identify and articulate detailed finance/operations issues, provide clear analyses, and offer creative solutions
- Keen attention to detail
- Excel; QuickBooks or equivalent
Overtime: straight time