Calypso Ops and Developer
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Levy Associates Ltd
My client is a huge financial institution looking for a Calypso Ops &developer for a long term contract opportunity in their Netherlands office.
Global Financial Markets (GFM) Operations IT is a department within IT Systems & Development which is responsible for the functional management of a series of applications for the FXMM, Derivatives, Securities/Fixed Income and Loans market. The main applications will handle the processing of these financial products on markets described above.
Our department is servicing these systems for both the local clients and the foreign offices (eg New York, Singapore, Sydney), and therefore must ensure the systems are available 24 hours a day. GFM Operations IT is working closely together with the business to develop and review new requirements requested by users of the supported applications. This covers the full spectrum of servicing the Back Office of wholesale banking environment.
GFM Operations IT is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, self-motivated, fast learning (senior) Developer with excellent programming skills. The candidate will be responsible for the development activities related to the system Calypso and ESB related requests based. He/she is able to provide high level estimates, design, configure,write/adjust code, create unit tests and deliver/implement reports and interfaces, including writing the necessary documentation. Furthermore, it is expected that the candidate provides 3rd line support when needed.
The candidate will start within a team which handles the Calypso baseline cases and Middleware related requests. It is possible that he/she will be added in the future to a project team which will implement FX Options on Calypso.
Team composition: Team size 6-7 persons (BA, Dev and Test)
Essential skills, experience and knowledge:
- Several years hands-on development experience with the Calypso system (Must)
- Next to Calypso development experience, the ideal candidate has also knowledge (and hands-on experience) with a Middleware ESB product (preferably Mule)
- A good understanding of banking products and processing these products in Calypso (IR Derivatives and/or FX & MM)
- Technology Must: Spring, JMS, MQ, Java, Oracle, SQL, Calypso, XML. Optional: Sybase, Mule, Unix
- Team player, not afraid to ask questions, pro-active, enthusiastic, be open and clear about the status of workitems, take the lead where needed
- Experience with Agile/Scrum way of working
- Education HBO/WO (NL) or College (UK), preferably in Information Technology.