Systems Engineer Linux/Apache/J2EE/Splunk/Monitoring - Berne
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by ITech Consult
Systems Engineer Linux/Apache/J2EE/Splunk/Monitoring - Berne (80-100%)
We are looking for an experienced system engineer for immediate employment (or by agreement). SUSE Linux or Docker
Areas of responsibility:
* Ensuring the smooth operation of applications and services (J2EE applications, mail infrastructure, SSO portal, monitoring services)
* Analysis and elimination of complex faults and weak points in 2nd level support and on-call service, initiation of tuning and performance measures.
* Transfer of new or changed software to the operating business (releases/patches, changes, life cycles).
* Creation and evaluation of concepts and documentation in German language
* Creation and evaluation of application monitoring and alerting
* Programming and maintenance of system-related tools
* At least 3 years of experience in conceptual work, operation and monitoring of applications and systemic environments (SUSE Linux or Docker)
* Very good experience with SUSE Linux, OpenSUSE or another Linux derivative
* Good Middleware skills (Apache, Tomcat Springboot, Postfix, Mailhosts, Oracle Weblogic Server etc.)
* Good monitoring skills (Splunk, Groundworks, CloudControl)
* Knowledge of script languages (Python, Pearl, Bash ...)
* Practical experience in agile work
* Latest Linux Certification
* A good command of German (at least level C2) and good knowledge of English (at least level B1)
Reference No.: 918745NC
Role: Systems Engineer
Industry sector: Federal/Authority
Location: Berne and Region, Switzerland
Workload: 80- 100%.
Start date: ASAP (or by arrangement)
Duration: 31.12.2020 (+ possible extension)
ITech Consult exists since 1997 and was founded by freelancers and is managed by freelancers. We know what it means to be on the job - and so we know how to do it professionally. Our payrolling is rated "very good" by 98% of our freelancers, not only because we offer attractive conditions, but because we keep our promises! Would you like to know more? Give me a cal.