Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Networkers
Network Engineers are responsible for all network operations, ensuring network reliability as well as developing and creating and deploying tools to support the cloud infrastructure and systems within.
- Responsible for designing, installing and troubleshooting network systems to meet the functional objectives of the business.
- Translates business requirements into network or process designs.
- Plans and recommends network hardware, systems management software and architecture.
- Approves and modifies network design and architecture to ensure compliance.
- Configures and mantains physical and logical network components. Assists in the design of the network architecture, designs the network infrastructure, and plans and designs LAN/WAN/wireless/VoIP solutions.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of network management software; researching, analysing and implementing software patches or hardware changes to fix any network deficiencies.
- Monitors network performance, ensures capacity planning is performed, and is proactive in assessing and making recommendations for improvement.
- Provides Tier 2 support.
- Evaluates and recommends new products, maintains knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise.
- Performs capacity and resource planning, assessing network risks and contingency planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- Experience in infrastructure/network environments in network design, implementation, administration and support.
- Experience working on Cloud environments: Cloud IaaS/PaaS, CaaS/FaaS/Serverless (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Openshift, etc.).
- Network segmentation technologies (VLAN, VRF, VXLAN) and the configuration of core network services, routing services (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, OSPF and BGP and SMTP including subnetting and packet routing.), security protocols (IPSec, VPN), and traffic management (class-of-services/quality-of-service).
- Firewall provisioning, configuration, administration, and management.
- Knowledge of SD-WAN architecture and technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of private cloud and public cloud network topology design (AWS networking knowledge is preferred, including exposure to AWS/Terraform template creation for various infrastructure components, Fortinet/FortiGate Firewalls and AWS IAM, AWS Secrets Manager/KMS, AWS WAF).
- Solid understanding of architecture and implementation of WAFs, L4 and L7 Load Balancers and the whole infrastructure stack (Network, Security, and Applications).
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.