Director of Maintenance - Manufacturing industry
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Schuback Search Associates
This is a highly strategic role within a stable 60+-year-old company.
Due to imminent retirement, this company is seeking to hire their next Director of Maintenance. This is a highly financially stable company with incredibly high employee loyalty. They have a very positive team environment.
This mission-critical position is looking for a strong leader to develop staff and identify areas of improvement within the maintenance department. This role will be tasked with developing a Preventative Maintenance Program with special focus on increasing reliability and minimizing breakdowns.
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager will provide leadership for development of strategy to improve reliability and safety for 2 plants, a wastewater treatment plant and storage and warehouses. This position will provide reliability information/guidance to the maintenance department to improve equipment reliability. It will provide leadership and guidance to the maintenance supervisors to ensure compliance in all areas and the effective use of manpower. Coordinate any requested help for capital projects through the engineering group. Ensure all members of the maintenance team are performing at the expected levels and monitor all yearly goals for completion.
1. Departmental Management
- Manage the Maintenance team including both mechanical and instrument/electrical. This role has 3 direct reports and 2 indirect reports.
- Establish priorities that balance predictive, preventive and corrective actions
- Monitor PM program to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion
- Evaluate new installations and implement appropriate maintenance strategies
- Direct the collection and maintenance of equipment information in the CMMS (SAP PM)
- Lead the development and application of preventive/predictive maintenance systems
- Evaluate equipment breakdowns to ensure maintenance activities address the root causes of equipment failures
- Establish and ensure adherence to a comprehensive lubrication program
- Perform failure analyses on repetitive equipment failures
3. Project Engineering
- Prepare capital request submissions including MEP calculations for capital project requests
- Determine resource requirements and recommend resources to use for project development and execution
- Manage the execution of assigned capital and expense projects on time and at budget
4. Maintenance Planning & Scheduling
- Direct planning and scheduling efforts to execute repair and project work according to priority and labor, equipment and operational availability and capability
- Plan and schedule contractor/vendor work and/or equipment delivery as needed.
- Education and Training - Minimum Requirements
- BS. or M.S. required, plus would be in an engineering discipline. MBA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a maintenance management role with a degree
- Must have previous experience managing a maintenance department in a manufacturing setting
Must have exceptional computer skills and experience working in a CMMS System (SAP preferred) with capital projects.
Candidates should be local or open to permanently relocating here to work onsite in this full-time, direct hire position.