Senior Devops Engineer
Posted on Nov 23, 2019 by Stamford Consultants AG
Understand all infrastructure as code (IaC) artefacts in Azure DevOps, with specific focus on Kubernetes, Kafka, Zookeeper, NoSQL.
Basic knowledge of
SAP infrastructure and deployment strategies
- Develop CI/CD process for IaC and Microservice (Spring Boot, Python) deployments
- Design and maintain an agile release concept for IaC, Mircoservices and data
- Implementation of cloud-native architecture vision using Azure
- Further enhance DevOps automation features eg by creating pipelines
- Communication and rollout of new DevOps automation features to application development teams
- Work with developers to understand the runtimes of their apps and their interaction with Apache Kafka.
- Ensure communication flow with regards to automation and application runtime to various stakeholders
- Align with Security lead on quality controls and continuous testing best practices
- Design and maintain the availability and stability of all long-living state (eg the event store)
- Design and implement life cycle (non-prod vs prod) for data
- Support and give guidance on the test-driven development practices and the implementation thereof in the pipelines.
- Continuously work with the teams to improve all components as the use-cases grow more complex
- Train other engineers
- Ensure compliance with the company wide digital governance framework, audit
- Documentation of all of the above (readme, wiki and JIRA)
- Presentation of developed concepts in various bodies
- Public Cloud relevant experience with practical implementation on Azure
- Strong and proven automation experience in Azure DevOp
- Expert knowledge of Azure DevOps pipelines
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes deployments, container isolation and multi-tenancy
- Strong knowledge of automation tools like Ansible
- Strong experience with "Infrastructure as Code
- Good knowledge of container technologies eg Docker
- Good knowledge of git
- Test driven development: understands semantics of unit tests and end to end integration tests and the imperative for continuous testing
- Worked with CI/CD for integration, migration and deployment: Experience in automated build, test & deploy
- Excellent communication in English, written and spoken
- Delegation and (self-)management skills for working in a flat and distributed team
- Linux OS (alpine, Ubuntu, SLES) and Unix
- Knowledge of event-driven architecture and micro-services
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Nice to have skills:
- Experience with event-sourcing architectures built on Apache Kafka, CQRS
- Performance testing
- NoSQL Databases
- SAP Netweaver
- Azure DevOps, Ansible, yaml-pipelines, Helm, build agents, Scripting (bash, python)
- Container-based (Docker/Kubernetes) orchestration
- High availability of statefulness using cloud-native techniques
- Can read code written in industry standard polyglot (Java/Spring/Python/JS)
- DB-queries (also NoSQL) eg SAP HANA, Postgres
- Cloud managed services (eg Blob Storage, databases, Insights, Security Center)
- Build and deployment tools such as Git, Gradle, Maven
- API Gateways, HTTPS, REST/ODATA/GraphQL/etc API-specs
- State-management eg Zookeeper, Schema Registry, Event Store
- Aqua, DataDog, Zeebe,
If this sounds interesting, please forward your latest CV to (see below)
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available at our website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on our website for details on how to contact us.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.