HGV/ADR Driver (Class CE)/Operator
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Adler & Allan
Location: Manchester, M28 3QN
Hours of Work: 42.5 hours per week
About the Company:
At Adler and Allan, we provide market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
Due to growth and an expansion of the Company's Specialist Fuels Services, they are seeking to recruit two full time HGV/ADR Drivers (class CE) to represent the SFS team based at their depot in Manchester.
* Operating Company vehicles including HGV & ADR class vehicles or any other vehicle for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate and full responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works.
* Compliance with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner.
* Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified. The postholder will be required to complete vehicle defect report in such circumstances.
* Ensuring all ADR vehicles display appropriate placards during transportation and any time stationary. The postholder holds full responsibility for ensuring they are in possession of the correct written instruction document referring to the materials being transported. (TREM card).
* Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices. In addition, the postholder will be required to participate in the cleaning of the tanker barrel, adhering to safe working practices and ensuring correct PPE worn for this task.
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
* Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision and liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
* Relative licence categories to operate and control HGV/ADR including tanks, vehicles including rigid and articulated vehicles
* Previous knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation and knowledge of tachograph regulations
* Flexible approach to work and a willingness to undertake any additional training to increase capability of the division in supplying a service to customers
* Possession of a DigiTacho would be advantageous
* Regular overtime
* 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme
* Flexible approach to working hours
If you think that you are suitable for this Driver role, please apply now!