Spill Response Operative
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Adler & Allan
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN2 5RE
Hours of Work: 50 hours per week Mon / Friday + overtime at higher rates and call out payments (requirement to take part in the on-call rota)
About the Company:
Our client provides market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. They give their customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Their broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, they also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our client's customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
They are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting their customers at the heart of what they do they live their values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Their culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, our client could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
The postholder is contracted to work a 50-hour week, basic core hours being 7am until 5pm Monday to Friday. In addition, there is a requirement to be available to satisfy overtime requirements plus participation in a Standby/call out rota.
Spill Response Operative Responsibilities:
The postholder will undertake duties associated with that of an Operative / labourer, clean-up of spills using available resource and equipment. The postholder is required to operate any Company vehicles for which they are suitably qualified to undertake.
* Operating Company vehicles which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
* Responsibility for ensuring all vehicle checks is undertaken prior to commencing any works.
* Reporting any vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
* Operating Company vehicles for which the postholder is suitably qualified to operate.
* Ensure all uplifting and offloading of product and materials is undertaken in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
* Responsibility for ensuring the security of all Company vehicles and equipment.
* Works to be carried out in accordance with health and safety to include provided RAMS documentation.
* Responsibility for cleaning all plant and equipment post job. The postholder will also be responsible for identifying repair work required.
* Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further services of the Company.
* Completion of all works paperwork and submission in a timely manner to divisional supervision.
* Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements of possible opportunities.
Spill Response Operative Requirements:
* Must possess a Full UK Driving Licence
* HGV, ADR and Plant experience would be advantageous but not essential as all training will be provided
* Excellent knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation
* Previous experience of operatin