WebSphere Middleware Platform Engineer
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. Middleware Platform Engineer., preferably with WebSphere experience. Candidate will have a solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Responsible for implementing appropriate monitoring, alerting, and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
- Develop and document disaster recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Develop, Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines following the best practices.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Provide on-call support for production applications and mentor junior members of the team.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 8+ years experience supporting Middleware and packaged applications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git, UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible, puppet or Dynatrace a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as loadbalancing and routing, DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, collaborative and communication skills.