Big Data Services Manager
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Big Data Services Manager. Candidate will be responsible for the management of the data services functions.
- Areas of responsibility including Database arch/design, Database development and Database management and administration
- The Data services manager will provide oversight and management of Company's Hadoop Data lake.
- Ensuring stability, performance and scalability of data services
- Provide direction, inputs and leadership to build out ETL tools & framework for Hadoop
- Foresees the needs and acquires/develops tools needed for development & support.
- Serve as technical lead for projects, enhancements, and production.
- Provide direction, leadership, and mentorship to Data resources.
- Establishes and enhances procedures & processes for support
- Mentor and coach team members for their personal & professional development
- Manages day to day operations of data services team
- Find opportunities to increase speed and quality of output. Must be able to articulate ideas and turn those ideas into new capabilities, performance improvements, quality improvements
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5 to 8 years management experience leading a data services team responsible for multiple database architectures
- Knowledge and/or experience with multiple SQL environments including document and relational databases. Including experience with T-SQL
- Demonstrated skill in data automation, data integration, and data conversion using API interfaces and ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) processes
- Sound understanding and experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Cloudera). Able to understand and explore the constantly evolving tools within Hadoop ecosystem and apply them appropriately to the relevant problems at hand.
- Experience in working with a Big Data implementation in production environment
- Familiarity with one or more public clouds
- Logical thinker, with strong execution.
- Must be a team player, with high degree of focus on team enablement.