Assistant Project Manager / Project Engineer
Posted on Nov 22, 2019 by TheLasiterGroup
A well-established construction consulting firm is looking for an Assistant Project Manager/Project Engineer to join their project team in Los Angeles.
If you currently do not reside in that area, you must be willing to relocate.
- Must be proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (architectural, structural, mechanical, specifications, etc)
- Must be knowledgeable and experience in change order processing and close-out documentation
- Must have mid to large project experience
- Must have practical change order processing experience
- Must have practical closeout documentation experience
- Must understand procurement process and be able to compose documents needed for procurement
- Must work well with design plans, reports, and deadlines
- Must be able to plan and coordinate the different phases of construction
- Must understand the scheduling process and be able to update statuses weekly
- Must have outstanding communication skills from the sub-contractors to the client
- Must work well with a range of staff, solve problems as needed, and improve any methods necessary
- Must be able to direct staff when needed to prevent delays in the schedule
- Must follow federal, state, and local regulations
- Airport experience is a plus, but not required
- ProCore software experience is a plus, but not required
- Must be willing to relocate to southern California if not currently living there
- Must be able to work in the United States
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will work in construction management office and in the field to conduct different tasks
- Will supervise staff
- Will conduct walkthroughs and coordinate and update schedules
- Will need to be understanding procurement processes
- Will be working with deadlines
- Will be communicating with a broad range of people
- Will coordinate and interact with customers, installers, associates and key stakeholders in a professional manner
- Will dynamically make decisions to include consideration of all aspects of the scope of project
- Will document and report project progress efficiently and consistently
About the Company
We are a service provider seeking to provide answers to questions being asked by today's businesses.
We provide analysis and recommendations.
When we can't provide the experience, we assist them in locating the appropriate resources and personnel.