Security Engineer III
Posted on Nov 21, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Security Engineer III.
This role can be worked REMOTE with travel 5 to 8 times a year.
This role is revolved around ensuring the corporate LAN, WAN, Internet, and data is designed and implemented to meet or exceed industry security standards. This individual will have the responsibility to develop, design, and implement a security framework that encompasses Mainframe, distributed systems, network, and web applications for current and new systems. This person will evaluate new security alerts, threats and vulnerabilities. They will rotate on-call 24 hours a day, including weekends and perform as the escalation point to junior engineers.
- 5+ years minimum experience, including at least two years as a Senior level security member of a large organization managing and/or designing large scale security architecture.
- Very experienced in network security, RACF, demonstrated knowledge of application layer security API's and protocols such as SSL, Kerberos. Demonstrated knowledge of Firewalls, routing, switching, IDS/IPS authentication and authorization systems. Three plus years of experience with Intrusion Detection and/or prevention systems. Experience with wireless security mechanisms and technologies.
- College Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field or equivalent experience. Any of the following certifications CISSP, CSSA, CCSP are desired.
- Written & Verbal Skills-. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to prepare various forms of reports, correnspondence and presentations. Leadership skills, process and procedure oriented in a large service provider organization, with proven experience handling confidential information in a professional manner.
- Security - Kowledge of L2/L3 Firewalls, routing, switching, IDS/IPS, sniffers, SNORT, anti-virus, Spyware/Malware, IPsec, SSL. Understanding of security principles in a large organization is required. Experienced in the development and implementation of security policies is required.
- Microsoft Project-ability to create and update project plans, status reports; ppresentations and the ability to create timesheets.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$155k - $180k Annual
$140k - $170k Annual
$155k - $165k Annual
$150k - $180k Annual
$150k - $175k Annual