RN Behavioral HealthCare Manager
Posted on Nov 21, 2019 by Premier Physicians Centers
Premier Physicians is looking for a full time RN Behavioral HealthCare Manager located in Westlake, OH.
Clinical Integration & Utilization Management Department Mission: Healthcare is a field of rapid change affecting all aspects of patient health. Our department embraces change, continually evaluating ourselves and our processes, to assure we are bringing the highest quality of care to our patients. We continue to learn and grow, realizing that when change is for the right reason, it is extremely gratifying and rewarding. Developing this culture of quality & excellence, providing Premier Care to our patients, is our mission.
- Establishes and maintains effective network of community resources for cross-referral of patients.
- Provides current and appropriate general health and wellness education throughout interaction with patients as well as teaches self-management skills.
- Works closely with physicians, nurses and other medical staff to communicate a patient's needs and concerns.
- Contacts patients for transition of care or follow up care, assesses their needs, identifies gaps in care, implements care plans if needed, notifies physician of findings.
- Utilizes effective interviewing techniques with strong limit setting abilities.
- Uses clinical judgment, critical thinking and problem-solving techniques when assessing patients in order to promote optimum patient outcomes and decrease potentially preventable ED visits or hospital admissions/readmissions.
- Provides ongoing care management for a diverse population of persons with chronic illnesses or disabilities of all types.
- Evaluates and develops care plans for care managed patients based on patient needs; collaborates with team as needed.
- Identifies and documents psychosocial needs; sends community referrals as needed and monitors for responses.
- Identifies gaps or barriers in self-management and provides education to assist as needed.
- Educates patients on disease processes, health maintenance, medication management and self-management skills.
- Encourages patients to make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Utilizes a positive proactive approach to function as a health advocate to engage patients.
- Participates in continuous quality improvement to enhance care transition and care management of patients.
- Maintains required documentation for all care transition and care management activities.
- Remains organized; prioritizes and communicates effectively to patients, families, clinicians, and team members.
- Assesses the healthcare, educational, and psychosocial needs of the patient/family.
- Provides self-management support and empowers the patient to achieve optimal health and independence.
- Uses appropriate behavioral health nursing skills to meet the unique needs of each patient.
- Active, clear, unrestricted Ohio RN license
- Minimum level of education desired for candidates in this position is an Associate degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- At least two years of professional experience (post-licensure) working with individuals with behavioral health, physical and behavioral disabilities, medically ill; prior behavioral health environment experience is required.
- Ability to work independently under general instructions, self-directed and motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written interviewing and assessment skills.
- Knowledge of major chronic disabling illnesses for persons of all ages, disease processes, and normal aging.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, proficient typing skills with the ability to navigate a Windows environment.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and implement a reasonable course of action based on available information.
- Ability to comprehend written material related to essential job functions.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle stressful situations appropriately.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively in a fluid, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrates patient focused interpersonal skills to interact in an effective manner with practitioners, the interdisciplinary health care team, community agencies, patients, and families with diverse opinions, values, religious and cultural ideals.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities.
- Sensitivity and experience in working with different cultures.
Premier Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer.