Posted on Nov 21, 2019 by Auction Technology Group
ATG exists to revolutionise the secondary market. We believe in a world where millions of objects can be traded online at the best possible value through our channel of green commerce that gives new life to all things timeless, sustainable or re-usable.
Our mission is to be the global marketplace connecting bidders, businesses, collectors, consigners, contractors, and consumers to an under-explored world curated by thousands of trusted auctioneer experts.
We recognise to achieve our mission we need passionate, bright, and talented people. We work in a dynamic and exciting environment where innovation is at the heart of everything we do.
The ATG Engineering team is building industry leading auction platform technologies that are transforming a highly traditional industry. The team offers highly motivated engineers diverse challenges across the full stack, from building world-class front-end experiences on small-screen touch devices to resource constrained auction room displays, to designing and owning highly available service technologies.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software for consumer-facing products, a strong technical ability, excellent organisational and communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
If you share our enthusiasm for innovation, and want to be a part of a unique, fast growing tech company, we'd love to hear from you.
The role will be part of our engineering team which is responsible for the further development of our digital marketplaces and SaaS solutions. We have an exciting technology roadmap to evolve our architectural landscape to a micro-service architecture in the Azure Cloud to support the pace and scale of our business.
For more senior roles the right candidate will have an in-depth understanding of C# and .NET Core development and deployment best practice and will relish the opportunity to coach and mentor other members of the team. Experience of ecommerce or gaming platforms is advantageous, as is a passion for coding and active involvement in the engineering community.
THE TECH STACK
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good knowledge and experience of unit testing
- Knowledge and experience of developing REST web services and APIs
- Knowledge and experience of TDD, BDD and test automation
- Knowledge and experience of database development, both relational and NoSQL
- Desirable to have knowledge and experience of developing for Azure services
- Desirable to have some knowledge and experience of search engines such as Azure Search and Elasticsearch
- Desirable to have some knowledge and experience of mobile app development
- Knowledge and experience of deploying to cloud services, such as AWS and Azure
- Some knowledge and experience of CI pipelines and DevOps methods
- Active involvement in the development of the marketplace and SaaS platforms
- Active involvement in the development of internal and public facing APIs
- Work collaboratively in a team of agile engineers
- Help foster an agile engineering culture
- Adopt good engineering patterns and practices
- Collaborate with product managers and internal business stakeholders to define requirements and plans
- Compile and maintain good quality architectural and systems documentation
- Work collaboratively with external development partners to ensure code quality is maintained
- Technical due diligence of third-party integrations
- Provide developer support to the DevOps and Customer Services teams
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technology (particularly relating to ecommerce, microservices and machine learning)