Senior Manager IS Security Operations
Posted on Nov 21, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Manager of IS Security Operations
Looking for a Senior Manager to be responsible for security operations SOC, 24/7 incident response, tools, SOX, PCI, Linux, Windows, VMWare, Networking, Firewalls, web applications. You will manage a team of 6 people hire fire budget strong management
The Sr. Manager IS Security Operations is responsible for the overall security operations in the Enterprise environment.
- Develops, manages and sets the operational vision for Information Security.
- Establishes goals and priorities for operational Information Security function.
- Oversees risk assessments, newly implemented technologies, and coordinates internal/external audits.
- Consults/supports senior management in times of an information Security crisis.
- Develop and execute proactive measurement systems to identify needs, assess performance and make sound business decisions relative to Security priorities.
- Measure the effectiveness of risk reduction measures which are implemented to eliminate or minimize identified threats.
- Protects company assets through enhanced incident and crisis response protocols.
- Participate in incident response teams and follow-up on critical incidents.
- Proactively communicate critical developments and sensitive issues to appropriate personnel.
- Serve as a member of the joint Security incident and privacy response teams.
- Advises senior management of changes in the technical, legal, and regulatory arenas affecting information Security.
- Manages Third Party Security vendors.
- Work closely with the Security Infrastructure Architect to make recommendations for improvements to existing infrastructure and application deployments.
- Plan, schedule and supervise around the clock technology operations including emergency situations requiring the manager's attention after normal business hours to insure continual operations.
- Review, develop and manage operating key performance indicators of computer operations, resources utilization and performance.
- Communicate regularly with senior management to report on operations performance.
- Maintain open communications with business user management to keep them apprised of operational situations
- College degree in related technical/business areas or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional work experience. Requires prior management, supervisory or team leader experience.
- Understanding of the technology organization and/or business and technology.
- CISSP, CISM and CPP designations are considered valued for this role, having all would be ideal.
- Delivery experience in the Security domain with a complex internal IT structure.
- Experience dealing with the Security of Enterprise Security systems in a complex multi-platform environment.
- Extensive knowledge across a broad range of Security and Networking technologies.
- Knowledge of best practice standards including SANS, FISMA and ISO 27001 Standards.
- Knowledge of SOX, CPNI, PCI-DSS and PII controls.
- Effective communication and presentation skills required; articulates complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management skills
- Experience in establishing and managing vendor relationships.
- Knowledge of various Operating systems including but not limited to Microsoft, UNIX, Linux, SUSE, and Red Hat.
- Knowledge of Storage and virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of Routing, Switching and Firewall technologies.
- Standards & Methodology: ITIL